Sunday, March 27, 2011

"REALIZATIONS AND AHA'S"

 I continue to learn so much about myself through You University and I love it! I get to a point where I think I am stuck or blocked and then I am hit with a new realization and/or aha moment. The current assignment I am working on is a prime example. It's a simple assignment involving making a list of the top 10 people I look up to and their values that I admire.

This should've been a breeze, no problem-wrong! I kept getting stuck and frustrated and couldn't understand why! It wasn't until I realized that I had spent so many years avoiding my feelings and emotions and remaining numb, that that's where the problem was.

I am still getting back into the mode of feeling and expressing my emotions and feelings. It's very difficult for me to verbalize how I feel. I struggle to pinpoint what I am feeling. 
I spent so many years in a victim mentality, using avoidance tactics to cope that indeed I am working hard to be able to get in touch fully with my feelings/emotions. 

I love that I was able to see what the problem was for me and work on it! I honestly would've not recognized this prior to beginning this journey through You University. I simply would've walked away and not even dealt with or tried to figure it out.

Yet, another testimonial to the awesomeness that is YOU UNIVERSITY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment