Tuesday, May 10, 2011

POINTERS, TIPS & ADVICE for YOU University Students

Once again, it's been awhile since my last entry. I went to bed the other night, only to be bombarded with some information that I felt compelled to get up & write down! I realized it would be great information to share with future YOU University students.

YOU University has been & is such a wonderful, life changing program for me. As I work my way through each building and experience healing, growth, and learning; I have come across some things to share.


I decided to share these tips to help those, who will be embarking upon their journey through the program. I do so to be of help, to share some of what I experienced in hopes of helping to make your journey easier for you.


The following is what I've learned in YOU University:



  1. I realized it takes complete focus & consistency throughout.
  2. Very important, Do Not
  3. I learned that I needed to totally commit to myself to give 100% all of the time & to stick with it, through facing my emotionally charged issues.
  4. compare yourself and where you are at in the program to your fellow students. Just work at your own pace & trust that you are right where you need to be!
  5. A crucial component is complete honesty, you must remain completely open & honest with yourself. If your not, the only one your hurting is yourself!!
  6. Something I discovered during a very tough time in my journey, that helped me big time! It said that experiencing 1 or more of the following manifestations IS PROOF that your self-mastery process is working: 
  • An increase in old, dysfunctional behaviors.
  • Distinguishable amounts of yelling, crying, talking, excessive activity, physical ailments, or illness.
  • Feelings of depression, anxiety, numbness, dissociation, being "Zoned-Out".
  • An increase in compulsive behaviors such as alcohol, drugs, sex, food, TV watching.
  • Feelings of confusion, uneasiness.
  • Feelings of anger, hatred, or resentment.
  • Justifications and rationalizations.

That information was found in a book I have had and read most of. None of which truly resonated with me until now!!!

I am sure to come across more but, for now that's what I have.

I hope this information helps my future fellow YOU U students.

No comments:

Post a Comment